Telephone systems are fundamental aspects of any charity and business. The right IT infrastructure provides ways of communicating both internally and externally to become more efficient in your processes. Upgrading your infrastructure can seem daunting, but does have significant benefits from an operational view of efficiencies and cost savings, to which this can sometimes be delayed or deprioritised.
The first step is to ensure you have an established and fully fit for purpose and competitive telephone system, allowing you to identify scope for improvement whilst also benefitting from significant cost savings.
Reasons why your telephone system may need upgrading
- Your technology is out of date and is no longer efficient.
- Its manufacturers no longer support your technology.
- The repairs to your system are becoming expensive as parts are obsolete.
- Your call levels are increasing, and you need new infrastructure to cope with the demand.
- Scaling your setup can be troublesome and costly.
- There is a lack of functionality on your phones and system.
Many charities and businesses are struggling to cope with the increased demands on their telephone system. Your budget may allow an upgrade that provides significant cost savings over the course of the year. It’s a clear competitive disadvantage to have a phone system that is not fit for purpose, particularly if you rely on your internal and external communications to underpin the good work that you do. You must consider which route is more costly in the long run.
With the growing use of technology being introduced, new telephone systems and setups are straightforward to use whilst being practical for the users. Having a fully integrated system with your mobile network creates a seamless transition and enhances your customer experience, so why wouldn’t you upgrade?
Scalability is always a key issue for growing businesses and charities in any field. It is imperative that your telephony system can grow with you and meet your needs, not just now but also in the future.
What are the key questions to ask when assessing your IT infrastructure?
- How many employees do you have?
- How many phones do your employees need?
- Do staff regularly make international calls?
- How many people on your team use their phones regularly?
- How old is your current phone system?
- Do your staff use business mobiles?
- Is your system expensive to maintain?
- What would your budget be for setting up a new phone system?
- How much might it cost to relocate your phone system?
- Are staff numbers due to rise or fall?
A better way to manage IT infrastructure & communications with VS Group
If you’re looking for help when considering upgrading your communications and IT infrastructure, arrange a free consultation with a member of our team. We will discuss your current requirements, look at future needs, and plan a scalable, cost-effective, and practical solution, allowing you to re-connect with your customers and add value to your charity or business.